- Cruise visitors will be transported directly into the Burnie CBD on a shuttle service bus provided by TasPorts.
- Visitors can disembark at the Burnie Arts Function Centre (BAFC) or at a second drop-off point at West Beach. These drop-off points will also be the cruise shuttle collection points later in the day.
- The BAFC Civic Plaza will become a pop-up visitor site known as the Discover Burnie Hub. Visitors can access tourist information from our volunteer Burnie Experience Experts who will be situated in the Civic Plaza, supported by Burnie City Council’s new portable visitor information pod.
In the case of inclement weather, the Discover Burnie Hub will be operated inside the BAFC.
- High Street and Little Alexander Street will be closed for bus and/or permitted vehicle use only, including the TasPorts passenger shuttles, other councils providing shuttles to their towns and private tour/transport operators registered with Burnie City Council.
- Private tour/transport operators, mobile food vendors, makers and/or other commercial operators can register to situate within the Discover Burnie Hub, to sell their products/experiences. Register as a private operator